Baby Beach, Lahaina

Today was Baby Beach in Lahaina. It's an interesting beach, nicknamed for its gentle waters. As you walk down the street towards the beach, locals surround the entrance hanging out, playing music and their surf boards are all lined up from short to long. There's a cemetery right before the entrance to the right hand side and on the left side there is the Lahaina Jodo Buddhist Mission. I've yet to find any information on this cemetery in the sand..
The sand is golden and today super hot. The water is shallow and the reef is pushed further out. It's a quiet beach. No matter how often or how early I put sunscreen on, my feet are on fire and my ankles are literally swollen from all the salt, but it sure is beautiful. I spent majority of the day in and out of the water, trying to cool off from the heat. It's funny because it's literally probably only 83-86° but the UV index isn't even 1-10, it's Extreme (in bold letters).
This evening I got shaved ice and watched the sunset off the main strip on Front Street and the tail end of a luau. These things last about 3 hours long. By 8:30, I was ready for bed lol.  But the show I'd absolutely remarkable. I can't even fathom the workout they have to do just to perform these skills. Every other move is a squat or hips flying back and fourth. Like I said I was exhausted and I wasn't the one doing all the work. I was doing none of the work actually. It was a beautiful day. Guess I'll wake up and do it all over again lol. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run

Waihe'e Ridge Trail