Waihe'e Ridge Trail

This morning I hiked Waihe'e Ridge Trail, which is a 5 mile out & back trail in West Maui Forest Reserve with a 1,610 elevation gain.
The hike is rated as difficult and most of the hike is actually a pretty steep grade, but you are met with some great scenery and ridge-line hiking.
The weather was nice with a breeze, but the humidity is on a different level. I was drenched and not even from heat.
I saw a man running up the mountain, came back down and then as I was coming down I saw him running up again. I stopped and asked him if he was doubling up and he said he goes up and down twice a couple times a week. Remarkable. Absolutely remarkable.  He was also probably 10-15 years older than me too. That's some dedication right there.
These pictures don't even do this hike justice, but enjoy all it's beauty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run