Īao Stream

I'm waiting to board and the Denver flight to the left of me fully boarded and they called for 2 passengers. The boarding time ended and they closed the gate. 10 minutes later this man pulls up and he's irate that they won't let him on the Denver flight that's currently pulling out of the gate. He's throwing his bags and being dramatic making scene most likely because he has an audience. The airport police walk in per usual and the gate attendant is trying to get him to put a mask on. Then i hear her recommend he take San Francisco to Denver and I think omg you've got to be kidding me, with my luck they'll put him in the seat next to me.

Thankfully, that's not how this story ends.

However, I did get the privilege of sitting across the row from a man who had decided to use his phone to entertain the people around him with his music, until the flight attendant finally asked him to use headphones mid take off. It's not even 6:30am and we're having so much fun!

Well, he didn't have headphones so they provided him headphones once we up in the air. He fumbled with the headphones until he gestured for me to get the attention of the man in front of me. He then asked the man to help him with the headphones and the man replied his phone isn't compatible with the earphones. At this point there's no service for him to listen to his music anymore so what does he do. He turns his attention to me. Gets out of his seat and taps me of the shoulder to hit on me. I thank him kindly and turn away. When he returns from I believe the restroom he taps on my shoulder again. This time asking if he can sit and chat with me. I thanked him once more and shared I wasn't interested and he sat back down in his seat once more and then fell asleep. Okay.

After San Francisco I get to Maui. I arrive and am sitting waiting for Kyle and Anthony to pick me up. We head to grab Lauren and head to īao stream, in īao Valley to wash off California. Kyle told me this is a sacred site among Hawaiians where the bloody battle of Kepaniwai took place, resulting many people died, and their bodies clogging up Wailuku Stream with blood.. Kepaniwai literally means "the water dam."

The water was cold and refreshing. The bridge we crossed was old and rusted but the views up the stream were magical. We headed back to Kyle's and parted ways with Anthony and Lauren. We finished the evening with a Maui sunset and dinner overlooking the water.

This island sure is magical and you can't help but just slow down and breathe it all in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run

Waihe'e Ridge Trail