Lahaina

Sunday morning began with a daily reflection on natural faith. A discussion deep down in every man, woman and child, is the fundamental idea of God. Whether obscured, misguided, or powerful, it's there. I sat thinking about my own path with finding, building and maintaining my belief and faith. What a beautiful journey it has been. I have learned the most when I've done what don't normally do and when I don't do what I want to do, God is in the experience.
I took a walk down the beach sidewalk surrounding all the major hotels on the island. People were lining up for surf lessons, I must have seen 5 different groups with 5 different rash guards on promoting the surf company. After passing 3 hotels I came across a smoothie shop and ordered some juices to go and made my way back to the Maui club before heading back to the house.
Lauren came and picked me up shortly after and we made our way to the beach for a 4th of July BBQ where we spent the remainder of the day.
I managed to put sunscreen on, but apparently I'm not great at applying because it's mainly sunburnt strips around my chest and stomach.
We got back to Kyle's, when the corvette arrived. This red racing machine was a sight to behold. We got in and rode around town watching fireworks all around with bright stars above us. We zipped through town and up roads with ease. I looked over at the dashboard and there was no speedometer. The only way I knew we were going fast was by the noise of the wind out the window. I guess in these cars the speed is displayed as a halogen in the street in front of the driver. It was pure bliss. I turned to Kyle and his face lit up with joy. What a fun night!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run

Waihe'e Ridge Trail