moving to maui!


There's a passage I read that shares about "opening a door which to all appearances is still closed and locked. All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see a pathway beside which is an inscription.  It reads: this is the way to a faith that works. " I'll tell you a story that is so miraculous,  so unbelievable,  it's just worked.

When I was in Maui, I sat on the beach having a conversation about careers, life, possibilities, self esteem, etc. How people literally apply for jobs all the time and it's a boost to your confidence. You're putting yourself out there. I recall my vice president of my company sharing that he tells his operation team to do this as often as they can, but always thought it was absurd.

So I Googled property management companies. The first company to pop up, I just clicked on their website. In a glance I had no idea if they were vacation rentals, HOA or just property management for homes. There was no career page available and honestly I wasn't trying that hard to look at their page in the sun. But what they did have was a request for proposal link. So I put my name and contact in there and wrote, I'm a Senior Community Manager in Southern California for the last 8 years. I'm in Maui until Sunday (this was a Wednesday) and am just requesting information about your company. I pressed send, put my phone down and ran to the water. About a half hour later, I returned to my phone to a voicemail from this company's executive manager asking for a call back. I called him back and we spoke for a while. He shared with me they were an hoa management company and requested my resume. I sent over my resume. An hour later as I was coming back out of the water again,  I had a voicemail from the Vice President from this company. The executive manager had given him my resume. He called and we chatted and he shared he had 2 positions available. One in Lahaina and the other in Kihei. He asked if I could come into his office in Kihei Friday at 10am. So I went down to the local target the next day and grabbed the closest business type clothes I could find in target. I met with their executive team for about a half hour and then chatted with the vice president for another hour and a half.

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I hit the link for more information. It was in the moment of conversation. I now was leaving the Kihei office with the option of two positions for the same company. I called my mama, cuz that's what we do. She answered the phone with, " so you're moving to Maui?" I laughed it off and she asked why I was calling and I told her I was offered two positions. She put me on speaker phone so I could tell her and my dad once, rather than repeating the same story over.

I had 6 weeks. 6 weeks to give notice, find a place, move or sell my stuff and get back to Maui. I'm sitting here writing this at the airport before I board the plane and I kid you not, everything has fallen into place. You want to talk about divine intervention,  here it is. You want to talk about placing your life with God and trusting the process, here it is. Within 6 weeks I've found a place to stay, mind you my view is amazingly pleasing to the eye; I've shipped my truck and some boxes and now I sit in prepared for my next chapter. Cooper and Oliver will be arriving the beginning of October. With Hawaii's pet restrictions, they have a few more vet visits to comply with. Thankfully,  the kindest loving couple has taken them in to give them some love until they can be reunited with me and I am eternally grateful.

This is technically my first time away from home and family. I spent the last few days with my family eating up every moment with them. As of right now there has been one minor meltdown, but it was past my bedtime and all was well when I woke up in the morning. Stay tuned... lol.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run

Waihe'e Ridge Trail