Suicide Rock in Idyllwild, California

 This morning I took off to Suicide Rock in Idyllwild. It's a 7.9 mile hike with an 1,804 elevation gain.

When I got to Vista Point the wind was about 15-20mph and I thought.. mmmm maybe this wasn't a good idea, but I kept going.


Next, I hit the 371 Junction and the fog was so thick I had a moment of, ' wait, do I even know how to use fog lights?' And realized they were already automatically set, okay phwew. Then, what looked like a few snow drops hit my windshield. Okay, repeat of last weekend.. maybe this should be the time I turn around, as I'm popping ginger chews in my mouth because Lord knows I also get car sick just turning a corner. But I kept going. The fog lifted right after the junction, the wind stopped shortly after and the rest of the day was beautiful. 
Next time I hike in snow, remind me to bring poles, those probably would have helped me not have an anxiety attack walking on a cliff of snow.
Who am I kidding, I probably would have still been dramatic. Until next weekend. 💙🙋🏼‍♀️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Road to Hana

Motorcycle Poker Run

Waihe'e Ridge Trail